March 2013 – October 2014
Ball State University – Muncie, Ind.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF JOURNALISM WORKSHOPS
• Event plan workshops and events for high school students as recruitment for the journalism program
• Market and promote events; manage student staff; teach workshops; and handle finances
April 2011 – March 2013
The Indianapolis Star – Indianapolis, Ind.
• Design A1 (cover), Metro/State section and features
• Redesigned their zones sections from the bottom up,
to create a fresh, new colorful publication called Local Living
• Pinterest guru, coordinator
October 2012 – December 2012
SpinWeb – Indianapolis, Ind.
FREELANCE DIGITAL / WEB DESIGNER
• Redesign elements of sites to meet client expectations
• Clean up ready-to-launch sites
• Complete other design tasks as assigned
September 2010 – April 2011
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch – St. Louis, Mo.
PAGE & GRAPHICS DESIGNER
• Design pages and graphics for daily newspaper
The Florida Times-Union – Jacksonville, Fla.
• Designed charts, maps, diagrams and
alternative story structure daily for the paper
The Philadelphia Inquirer – Philadelphia, Pa.
• Designed charts, maps, diagrams and alternative story structure
daily for the paper and created interactive graphics for www.philly.com
iMedia – Muncie, Ind.
MOBILE / UX DESIGNER
• Worked with a team to develop/design interactive
television news program and iPhone application
BALL STATE UNIVERSITY
Major: Journalism (graphics)
Degree: Bachelor of Arts
May 2010, Honors College
GPA: 3.65 / 4, Cum laude